The idea to float an entity that would revive the most neglected pillar of Islam informed the birth of Zakat and Sadaqat Foundation, otherwise known as ZSF in the year 2000.
ZSF is a non-governmental and non-profit organization incorporated in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission (RC 21237 in 2002). Our primary objective is to deliver quality Zakat assessment, collection and distribution services to both private and public individuals as well as corporate organizations, providing humanitarian and welfare services to mankind and Muslims in particular.
The need to revive the culture of Zakat assessment, collection and distribution as well as providing a credible and responsive platform for Muslims willing and desirous of fulfilling their religious obligation of payment of Zakat, the third pillar of Islam.
“Allah says: Take sadaqat (alms) from their wealth in order to purity them and sanctify them with it, and invoke Allah for them. verily your invocations are a source of security for them: and Allah is All Hearer, All Knower (Quran 9 verse 103)
“Allah says: Zakat expenditures are only for the poor and the needy and for those employed to collect (Zakat) and for bringing hearts together (for Islam) and for freeing the captives (or slaves) and for those in debt and for the cause of Allah and for (stranded) traveler – an obligation (imposed) by Allah. And Allah is knowing and wise. (Quran 9 verse 60)
With a robust and vibrant Management Board in place, strengthened by an indefatigable Advisory Board, Zakat and Sadaqat Foundation is positioned to enhance its services of:
- Zakat Assessment, Collection and distribution
- Iftar Saim (Feeding Fasting Muslims in Ramadhan)
- Sadaqatul Jariyyah (Endless Charity) comprising:
- Mosque Support
- Education Support
- Widows & Orphans Support
- Medical Support
To be a foremost and leading organization committed to improving the welfare of the less-privilege and adding value to stakeholders’ support.
1. To help the rich enrich the poor.
2. To care and touch people’s life.
3. To benefit humanity in general.
Our Core Values
The acronym PACT is our core values which means:
- Professionalism which implies our expertise and competence.
- Accountability to Allah and the stakeholders which implies our stewardship.
- Care to humanity which implies our dedication.
- Trust from Allah which implies responsibility and confidence reposed in us.
- To bridge the gap between the rich and poor.
- to re-awaken the spirit of social responsibility among Muslims.
- To return Zakat to it right position in Islam.
- To create a credible channel of distribution of Zakat.
- To ensure even distribution of wealth for empowerment of the less privileged ones.
- To establish cordial relationship with other similar organizations both locally and internationally.